Wednesday, March 14, 2007

I'm so bad at this!



Wow, finding the time to post on this is a little harder than I thought. I hope you forgive me for taking so long to write, but I definitely think I'll be posting more often from here on. For starters, there's a photo I don't have today that I want to make sure I get by the weekend. Besides, Joshua is growing so fast and he'll be hitting some major milestones in the coming months.

He's 7 1/2 months and in the past few weeks he has been trying out some new skills. He now uses his thumb and index finger to pinch and pick up things; not mastered, of course, but he's doing so well! He's expanded his vocals to include the phonetics of "d"- dih, duh, da, day, dee- he loves repeating these sounds and trying out various combinations. This is definitely his favorite now, because even though he started out with "m" sounds, including ma & mama (obviously without knowing the meaning, same with da), he hasn't used it in weeks and won't repeat when we try to get him started. Joshua has also been practicing his raspberries. He tried them out about 2 months ago, but only for a couple of days. In the past week he has been blowing raspberries like crazy, with plenty of drool in the mix. It's fun to join in or even start them and watch him mimic.

There's a fun new toy that Joshua has discovered this month- the balloon. He loves to hit them (with help of course) back and forth, grab hold and bang them everywhere (even on his head, he doesn't mind at all), attempt to suck on them, and today he giggled so hard when Daddy rubbed his hands on one causing it to make sounds. When Joshua first started laughing, the giggles were few and far between. Now, his laughter brightens up our home several times a day- it's one of the most wonderful sounds I've ever heard.

Speaking of Joshua's laughter, you have got to check out this video I placed on YouTube. Joshua was taking a nap on Matt and started giggling. He did it for several minutes and then Matt figured out he could get Joshua going just by laughing. I just caught the tail end of it all. Disclaimer: I don't have any video-editing software, so it isn't cut and the sound isn't right, but it's cute anyway!



Hope you're having a great week and I'll post again soon!

1 comment:

Theresa Tyree said...

OMGosh! Eric and I watched the baby's video and you had us cracking up. Oh, Jen, he's such a sweet little dolly. Matt looks like such a loving Daddy. You guys should be so proud!! I'd love to put videos of Connor singing in church on my blog, but we haven't figured out yet how to do it. Thanks for making our day!!