Saturday, March 17, 2007

Exciting news!

For those of you who don't know, I'm an avid scrapbooker (that is, when I have time). My fave scrap store in Bakersfield announced a contest beginning in February with gift certificates to the store as awards for 1st ($50), 2nd ($35), and 3rd ($20) place. Melissa (my sis) and I decided to give it a shot because from experiene we know that there usually aren't too many people who enter, which would give us a good shot at a fun shopping spree. The challenge was to scrap a purse photo album. We finally worked on ours a few days before they were due, and let me tell you I lost a lot of sleep because you can't scrap during the day taking care of a baby and doing homework! When we turned them in we got pretty excited because there were a total of 9 entries and we deemed ours in the top 4 (not cocky, maybe a little biased and confident, :D). All of the purses were left out in the store for two weeks to be voted on by customers. Well, yesterday I got a call and was told that I won 2nd place! And when I asked who won 1st I found out it was none other than Melissa! Yipee!!!! I was so proud to tell the gal that she was my sister! So, while we really didn't have much competition, which means we most definitely would not have done so well in a magazine or even online contest, we're still pretty stoked! And, we have some cash to spend at our favorite store (oh yeah, Melissa's almost more hooked than I am now, going to the store for crops on a weekly basis with her nursing friends- not fair!). We think we'll spend it at the end of next month when we go for National Scrapbooking Day (okay, okay, I don't call your hobby lame, jk)! Below are some pics and here is the link to the store where we're announced! http://www.simply-scrapbooks.net/suggestions.aspx?pageID=11-82-0





1 comment:

Theresa Tyree said...

Congratulations, Honey! The purse looks fantastic! I'm not a bit surprised that you won! I can't wait to read the rest of the blog. I'm so glad you updated it!