Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

Okay, so I will no longer "promise" to post photos or anything within a certain timeframe again. I can't stand that I can't be held to my word. Daily life just keeps me busy and I don't know how anyone (especially those who I know are busier than me) can possibly keep up a daily blog...or even a weekly or monthly one!

Happy Valentine's Day to you! Matt gets a 4-day weekend and that's when we'll celebrate. The last time we attempted to go out on V-Day itself we said we'd never do it again; we went to see 50 First Dates, so whenever it was that came out.



Poor Joshua is sick with a cold. His nose and cheeks are so red. At least he got to enjoy some fun outside over the past few weeks. We had quite a bit of snow started with the week of Martin Luther King Jr. Day. Matt got a 2 day week, followed by two 3-day weeks, and now this long weekend means two 4-day weeks. 6 snow days in all with the last one accumulating about 6 inches in town; haven't seen that since high school. So, we've got some fun sledding memories. This past weekend my dad came up for a visit and of course that meant a trip to the park for the boys. It was such a beautiful day! Hudson is talking up a storm now, most everything he says is comprehendable. Joshua talks tons, but most of it is his own gibberish. On a side note, it's hilarious to listen to him tell stories and use his hands. The other day he was telling me something (complete with half-laughs every now and then) and when I looked down at a paper in my hands he got up and tapped my hand as if to say, "Mama, look at me while I talk." After another minute I did it again, as experimentation, and sure enough he immediately tapped me to get my attention again. It was the cutest thing!




Please continue to pray for Matt and his pursuing firefighting. On Tuesday he tested for Kern County FD along with about 3200 others. It'll be a few months till the results come, but only the top 200 get to move on. It can be tempting to get discouraged, so please pray for perseverance and faith. While Matt finishes his last fire class this semester I decided to take a break. Not because I need or want it, but because I didn't want to take on a whole lot with my pregnancy. The plus side is now I have time to catch up/finish some orders for some very patient customers, I finally am able to drive down for Wed. morning women's Bible study (well, when weather and health allows), and more importantly I'm enjoying so much more time with Joshua. Nearly every day he surprises us with something new, whether it's just showing an understanding to what we say, or doing something in more of a big boy way.

The first trimester was really rough, just like with Joshua. Surprisingly, my nausea has almost completely disappeared, but the food aversions and sensitivities to smells are abounding. I'm 20 weeks, which means halfway done! My belly is growing at a much quicker pace than last time and things are starting to get uncomfortable. BUT I've been feeling the baby kick, one of my favorite things, and one week from today we get the wonderful ultrasound. It's been hard to wait, just dying to know if Joshua is going to have a baby brother or a baby sister. Without making any promises, I don't think I'll have any trouble next week posting at least that much anticipated news. :)

3 comments:

Mansius Family said...

I'm glad your going to get more free time. I can just picture Joshua learning and trying to be a big boy. And I completely understand about him surprising you with something new everyday. With three kidos its like one big surprise around her and amazingly they always come up with something new. I hope you keep having a good pregnancy and we will keep you in our prayer. Next time your down in Bako we should take the kids to the park for a play day.

Marie said...

Jen-
So glad to read an update about your sweet family finally! I will be e-mailing you shortly with everything else I need to share with you-you know me, I can't tell a short story :)
We will be keeping you all in our prayers-
Love,
Marie

Jordana Paige said...

I am soooo looking forward to seeing Joshua in March. I'm sure he's just as sweet as he looks! Will be certain to pray for good results on Matt's test. See you soon!